Sunday, March 23, 2014

Grand Canyon 24" x 30" Oil on Canvas with Gesso


Kinda funny how this one came about.  This is actually a recycled canvas, meaning it used to be something else entirely.   First, I just splashed a bunch of gesso on the canvas in the areas of rock formations from the reference picture I found.  But get this, I found the reference picture (the poster) in an old frame from the thrift store. You know, those seemingly random beautiful scenery's, where you get a little excited to think about hanging it up somewhere in your house, only pull it forward to reveal 50 more behind it, exactly the same and at a bargain price! lol  ...I guess, it is re-recycled art.  Oh the irony.  Anyway, the Gesso I placed before I began to paint, is really the texture that you might faintly see.  So word, mines got texture!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment